The Office of International Affairs (OIA)’s internationalization strategy at NYCU will be pursued in its quest to make the leap to become a “Great University” that “leads the times, opens up new ideas, and goes the distance together”. NYCU will establish and deepen the substantive cooperation with international partners, create transnational cooperation and mobile opportunities between teachers and students, coordinate industrial needs with the recruitment of outstanding overseas students, and continue to enhance the international campus environment to promote the international reputation and influence of the university and continue to contribute rising power for Taiwan and the world.
OIA is divided into five units: the Division of International Collaboration, Division of International Talent Cultivation, Division of Overseas Student Affairs, Division of Administration, and Division of Strategic Planning to promote various businesses. The main responsibilities of each group are as follows:
- Division of International Collaboration: International partnership agreements, visitor reception, participation in international education exhibitions, inbound exchange program, outbound exchange program and scholarships, short-term programs, short-term research scholarship, dual degrees, International Academic Alliances (AEARU/UAiTED) and OIA Liberal Arts Education.
- Division of International Talent Cultivation: Enrollment and applications for foreign degree-seeking students, applications and issuance for foreign student scholarships, and issuance and applications of Mainland Chinese student scholarships.
- Division of Overseas Student Affairs: Overseas student guidance and short-term international courses.
- Division of Strategic Planning: Global strategic planning, international relation management, international alumni connection, industrial cooperation, and overseas student internships.
- Division of Administration: Financial control and write-offs, coordination of the international affairs management system and Office of International Affairs website, and support for other divisions.