Visa and ARC
- Alien Resident Certificate

Resident-visa holder must apply for Alien Resident Certificate (abbr. ARC) in Hsinchu City Service Center of National Immigration Agency within 15 days after arriving Taiwan.
Visitor-visa holder must prepare the required documents to Bureau of Consular affairs in Taipei to apply for resident visa. After getting resident visa, applicant must apply for ARC in Hsinchu City Service Center of National Immigration Agency within 15 days.

Required documents for applying Alien Resident Certificate (ARC):

Item New applicant Extension Lost
Application form (applicant can obtain in the service center) V V V
2-inch color photo V V V
Valid passport (Original and copy) V V V
Valid visa (Original and copy) V
Valid ARC (Original and copy) V
Student ID card or enrollment certificate (Original and copy) V V V
Proof of the residence
  • On-campus: tuition bill receipt
  • Off-campus: residential lease agreement
ARC Lost certificate V
Fee NTD.1000 NTD.1000 NTD.500

Update May 8, 2020:
Online ARC Application System is now open for foreign students and overseas Chinese students!
Download user manual.
It is suggested to submit your application online to avoid waiting in long queue at the service center.

Hsinchu City Service Center, National Immigration Agency

Address: No.12, Sec. 3, Zhonghua Rd., North Dist., Hsinchu City 300, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Contact number: (03)524-3517

National Immigration Agency

Address: No.15, Guangzhou St., Zhongzheng Dist., Taipei City 100, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Contact number: (02)2388-9393 / 0800-024-111