－ Important Regulations
- Except for the winter and summer vacations, foreign students’ sum of working hours shall not exceed 20 hours per week. You always must apply for a Work Permit for Students.
- An application for International Graduates Internship in Taiwan should be submitted at least 2 months before the ARC expiry date.
- Please review New Scoring Criteria for International and Overseas Chinese Students to Work in Taiwan and prepare your career in advance if you plan to work in Taiwan after graduation.
- A student who works without a valid work permit will be fined an amount between NTD 30,000 and NTD 150,000, and the person will immediately be ordered to leave Taiwan and will not be permitted to work in Taiwan in future. If the person then fails to leave Taiwan within the specified period, the national entry and exit administrative authority may enforce their departure and may hold the person in detention until they depart. (See Paragraphs 1, 3 and 4 of Article 68 of the Employment Service Act.)
- Ministry of Labor provides consultation services for foreign students who would like to work in Taiwan. If you have any concerns about the related regulations, please contact toll-free & 24-hour hotline 1955.