－ Inbound Exchange / Visiting Students
Program Profile Timeline Application Instruction Documents Required Exchange Program Offered
Course Selection Admission Other Information NYCU Fact Sheet Estimated Living Expense
- Inbound Exchange Program
- Students enrolled (or matriculated) at partner institutions and nominated by coordinators of home institutions.
- The nomination link will be sent to coordinators of partner institutions before the nomination period.
- Inbound Visiting Program ( fee-paying exchange program)
- Students enrolled at partner institutions but not officially nominated by the home institution; or students from non-partner institutions.
- Tuition Fees for International Students
- Application form
- Please print out the application form when you complete the online application.
- Both applicant and home university coordinator have to sign the application form.
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in English
- Study Plan (please refer to timetable)
- Please elaborate on your motivation for applying as much as possible and list the courses you would like to take during the exchange period.
- The student could download the study plan sample or have their own format. (doc.)(otd.)
- The list of English-taught courses will be finalized before the beginning of each semester; the courses in the study plan are subject to change. It is suggested that students be more flexible about course choices.
- Official transcript with academic records in English or Chinese
- The transcript that is approved by the home institution and all courses taken during the period of your current study level should be included.
- Official enrolment letter
- The enrolment letter from the home institution or “valid” student card.
- Passport (Information page)
- It should have at least 6 months of validity.
- Supporting document (optional)
- E.g., proof of language proficiency, certificate of awards or competitions, etc.
- Recommendation letter (optional)
- The letter from the home institution’s coordinators or professors.
- Application Instruction
The application is considered successful only when the online application is completed and submitted before the deadline.
- Exchange Student
- Partner institutes nominate the exchange students via the online nomination system; each institute will have a different nomination link.
- Each nominated student will receive an individual application link via email after the nomination.
- Students are required to sign up for the online application system, then:
A. Fill in the application form
B. Upload the required documents
C. Submit the application
- Visiting Student
- Sign up for the online application system: Online Application System for Inbound Visiting Program
- Application period
- Fall Semester: March 5 to April 15
- Spring semester: September 6 to October 16
- Application Process:
A. Sign up for the online application system and fill in the information
B. Upload all the documents
C. Submit the application
- Visit timetable for English-medium courses.
- Only those courses labeled with [English Medium Course] are supposed to be taught in English.
- Credit requirement (per semester):
- Undergraduate students must select 9 credits
- Graduates are required to take at least 2 academic courses
- Actual courses offered will be available around the end of May (for Fall Semester) and the end of December (for Spring Semester).
- Students are able to choose courses across departments or colleges (not limited to the enrolled department/college only); however, please be aware that some professors may require the students to own basic knowledge about the course.
- Some popular courses are very competitive, and exchange students may not be able to get in. It is suggested that students be more flexible about course choices.
- College of Management is limited to “Final-year undergraduate students or graduate students”. Most English-taught courses are offered at the graduate level.
- English Taught Courses (2022 Fall Semester) or English Taught Courses (2022 Spring Semester), could be for reference.
- NYCU Available Departments for Inbound Exchange Program in AY2022/2023
- Students should indicate the department or institute of NYCU that they wish to exchange to. It is suggested students choose the department or institute based on their major at home university.
- Students who would like to apply for the exchange program should read the requirement carefully before applying.
- Students must visit the NYCU website to look for more course information before applying.
- “College of Management” is limited to “final-year undergraduate students and graduate students (Master or Ph.D.)”.
- The applications and supporting documents would be reviewed by each department. The department reserves the right to admit the nominated students according to various considerations such as academic performance, background consistency…etc. Sometimes, the department may reallocate students to a suitable department.
Students may choose to exchange for one semester or one academic year.
The academic year at NYCU begins in September; the full academic year exchange can only begin in Fall Semester.
- Nomination Deadline (not applicable to Inbound Visiting Program)
- March 30 of Fall Semester
- September 30 for Spring Semester
- Application Deadline
- April 15 for Fall Semester
- October 16 for Spring Semester
- Academic Calendar
- Fall Semester: middle of September to the middle of January of next year
- Spring Semester: middle of February to the middle of June
- The confirmed academic calendar will be announced around late June each year. Please visit NYCU Calendar.
- On-Site Orientation
- On-Site Orientation is often held one week before the start date of each semester; admitted students are strongly recommended to attend it for more information on course selection, on-campus life, social activities…etc.
- Admission information will be released around the end of May (for Fall Semester Intake) and the end of November (for Spring Semester Intake) at the application system where the individual applicant has to log in to check his/her admission status.
- Admitted students need to confirm to accept the offer online, and then the admission letter will follow.
- NYCU provides soft copy admission letters around the middle of June (for Fall Semester Intake) and the middle of December (for Spring Semester Intake). If a hard copy admission letter is needed, please contact NYCU Inbound Exchange/Visiting Program coordinator.
- Division of Overseas Student Affairs will email the "Welcome Package" to admitted students around the beginning of July (for Fall Semester Intake) and end of December (for Spring Semester Intake) in which registration, arrival, and dormitory application information will be contained.
- Division of Overseas Student Affairs is part of the Office of International Affairs and is established to offer onsite services, such as accommodation, insurance, visa, registration, and other student needs. Furthermore, the International student society, host-family arrangements, and international student emergencies are taken care of by them as well.
- For the student who holds a P.R.C passport, please prepare for the Exit & Entry Permit(入臺證) after receiving the Welcome Package from the Division of Overseas Student Affairs. For the application instruction, please click 入臺證須知.
Ms. Kiki Yang