Short-term Research Program (suspended)
- Students admitted through Inbound Short-term Research Program are called "Inbound Research Student", and it is a non-degree program.
- All applicants must firstly identify and contact a full-time professor at NYCU to be their research supervisor.
- Office of International Affairs does not involve in matching students and professors.
- The student is required to apply three months before the tentative research start date.
- List of professors who might want to host NYCU short-term research application.
- Program Profile
Current students from international academic institutions who wish to do research in NYCU.
International students enrolled in overseas academic institutions.
**The list of the international academic institutions is issued by the Ministry of Education, R.O.C., please refer to the following link of Database for the Reference List of Foreign Universities.
(America, Europe, Asia, Oceania and Africa).
- Documents Required
- Application form (typewritten) (doc.) (odt.)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- Research proposal (no more than one page)
- Invitation letter from NYCU supervisorr (It should be formal with professor’s signature, department and contact information)
- Latest enrollment letter from the home institution or student card with an expiry date (Please make sure that the duration of internship does not exceed the enrollment period at your home institution.)
- A copy of the passport (valid for at least 3 months)
- *A proof issued by the home university that internship is one of the graduation criteria or part of graduation requirements (This is a compulsory visa application requirement only for undergraduate applicants).
- Application Instruction
Email “completed application package” (all required documents mentioned above) at least 3 months before the tentative research start date to NYCU coordinator.
After the application, admitted students will receive an admission letter from OIA and an official Ministry of Education (MoE) approval letter. Please be aware that the approval process will take about two to three weeks.
- Other Information
Division of Overseas Student Affairs will email the "Welcome Package" to admitted students in which registration, arrival information, and dormitory application contained.
Ms. Lily Cheng