Short-term Research Scholarship
- Short-term Research Scholarship Guideline
- Current postgraduate students and final/ third-year undergraduate students in Specific Partner Institutes.
- All applicants must first identify and contact a full-time professor at NYCU to be their research supervisor.
- List of NYCU professors who might want to host short-term research applications.
- Please email the application documents in one file before the deadline of each round. (Incomplete or late application will not be considered)
- Scholarship Amount
- Maximum to NTD 27,500 (tax included) for two months
- The scholarship is only offered when the student completes 60 days of research and hand in the requirement document.
- The student is required to submit a short report regarding their research before leaving NYCU.
- National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University Guidelines Governing Subsidies for Short-Term Research Scholarship
- Research Length
60 to 180 days (about two to six months)
(The program must end before/ on 20 December)
- Important Dates of the Application
Research Beginning From
*The deadline will be announced at the opening of each round.
- Required Documents
- Application form (typewritten) (doc.)(odt.)
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in English
- Research proposal (no more than one page)
- Official transcript of academic records in English or Chinese.
- Invitation letter from NYCU supervisor (It should be formal with the professor’s signature, department, and contact information)
- Latest enrollment letter from the home institution (Please make sure the time covers your duration of stay in NYCU)
- A copy of the Passport (valid for at least three months)
- A statement issued by the home university indicates internship or research is a graduation criterion or a part of the course requirement. (This is a compulsory visa application requirement only for
- Application Instruction
Please email the application documents in one file before the deadline of each round to the NYCU coordinator.
The submitted documents will go through the NYCU internal meeting for viewing. The awardees will receive an admission letter from OIA and an official Ministry of Education (MoE) approval letter after. Please be aware that the approval process will take about one to one and a half months.
- Other Information
Division of Overseas Student Affairs will email the "Welcome Package" to admitted students in which registration, arrival information, and dormitory application are contained.
－ ContactMs. Kiki Yang