2021 Short-term Research Scholarship (currently suspended)
- 2020 NYCU Short-term Research Schoalrship Announcement
- Current postgraduate students and final/ third-year undergraduate students in Specific Partner Institutes.
- All applicants must firstly identify and contact a full-time professor at NYCU to be their research supervisor.
- List of NYCU professors who might want to host short-term research application.
- Please email the application documents in one file before the deadline of each round. (Incomplete or late application will not be considered)
- Scholarship Amount
- Maximum to NTD 27,500 (tax included) for two months
- The scholarship only offered when the student complete 60 days of research and hand in the requirement document.
- The student is required to submit a short report regarding their research before leaving NYCU.
- Research Length
60 to 180 days (about two to six months)
(The program must end before/ on 20 December)
- Application Fee (TWD)
OIA administration fee: $1,500
- Important Dates of the Application
Research Beginning From
*The deadline will be announced at the open of each round.
- Required Documents
- Application form (typewritten) (doc.)(odt.)
- Curriculum vitae (CV) in English
- Research proposal (no more than one page)
- Official transcript of academic records in English or Chinese.
- Invitation letter from NYCU supervisor (It should be formal with professor’s signature, department and contact information)
- Latest enrollment letter from the home institution (Please make sure the time is cover your duration of stay in NYCU)
- A copy of Passport (valid for at least 3 months)
- A statement issued by home university indicate internship or research is a graduation criteria or a part of course requirement. (This is a compulsory visa application requirement only for undergraduate applicants)
- Application Instruction
Please email the application documents in one file before the deadline of each round to NYCU coordinator.
The submitted documents will go through the NYCU internal meeting for viewing. The awardees will receive an admission letter from OIA and an official Ministry of Education (MoE) approval letter after. Please be aware that the approval process will take about one to one and a half months.
- Other Information
Division of Overseas Student Affairs will email the "Welcome Package" to admitted students in which registration, arrival information, and dormitory application contained.
Ms. Lily Cheng
Ms. Ina Huang